Sunday, April 28, 2024

Types of Sentences: (Simple, Compound, Complex) Exercises for practice

Q. Do as directed. 

1. When I go to school, I study heard. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
2. They have fun playing soccer. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
3. While they are on vacation, they visit famous monuments. (Rewrite it as a simple sentence.)
4. We go to concerts, and we enjoy the music. (Rewrite it as a complex sentence.)
5. I read books which help me learn new things. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
6. He watches TV to relax his mind. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
7. When she has a problem, she asks me for help. (Rewrite it as a simple sentence.)
8. They went to the beach but they could not swim in the ocean. (Rewrite it as a complex sentence.)
9. We go to the movies to enjoy ourselves. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
10. Whenever they have free time, they go to watch movies. (Rewrite it as a simple sentence.)
11. While they play video games, they compete with each other. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
12. I feel proud that I regularly do my homework. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
13. I study hard and I want to get good grades. (Rewrite it as a complex sentence.)
14. She speaks French fluently, and understands Spanish perfectly. (Rewrite it as a simple sentence.)
15. She listens to music and she sings along. (Rewrite it as a complex sentence.)
16. She cooks dinner, and she makes it delicious. (Rewrite it as a simple sentence.)
17. He works out every morning, and feels energized throughout the day. (Rewrite it as a complex sentence.)
18. When they go to the beach, they swim in the ocean. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
19. The sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. (Rewrite it as a simple sentence.)
20. They live in a small town as they love its quiet atmosphere. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
21. They travel to new places every year to explore different cultures. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
22. We visit our grandparents and listen to their interesting stories. (Rewrite it as a complex sentence.)
23. As they travel, they meet new people. (Rewrite it as a simple sentence.)
24. As they study hard for their exams, they feel confident about their preparation. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
25. I go to the gym to work out and I want to stay fit. (Rewrite it as a complex sentence.)
26. He plays soccer well but he couldn’t score goals in that match. (Rewrite it as a complex sentence.)
27. As I want to improve my skills, I practice piano every day. (Rewrite it as a simple sentence.)
28. As I learn new languages, I understand different cultures better. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)
29. When he finishes his project, he feels a sense of accomplishment and pride. (Rewrite it as a simple sentence.)
30. As they are curious, they ask questions and seek answers. (Rewrite it as a compound sentence.)


Answer key:
1. I go to school, and I study hard.
2. They play soccer and they have fun.
3. They visit famous monuments during their vaccination.
4. When we go to concerts, we enjoy the music.
5. I read books and they help me learn new things.
6. He watches TV and it relaxes his mind.
7. In case of having a problem, she asks me for help.
8. Though they went to the beach, they could not swim in the ocean.
9. We go to the movies and we enjoy ourselves.
10. They go to watch movies in their free time.
11. They play video games and they compete with each other.
12. I do my homework regularly and I feel proud about it.
13. I study hard because I want to get good grades.
14. She speaks French fluently along with understanding Spanish perfectly.
15. She sings along while she is listening to music.
16. She cooks delicious dinner.
17. He feels energized throughout the day because he works out every morning.
18. They go to the beach and they swim in the ocean.
19. The sun rises in the east, setting in the west.
20. They live in a small town, and love its quiet atmosphere.
21. They travel to new places every year, and explore different cultures.
22. When we visit our grandparents, we listen to their interesting stories.
23. They meet new people during their travel.
24. They study hard for their exams and feel confident about their preparation.
25. As I want to stay fit, I go to the gym to work out.
26. Though he plays soccer well, he couldn’t score goals in that match.
27. I practice piano every day to improve my skills.
28. I learn new languages and understand different cultures better.
29. He feels a sense of accomplishment and pride after finishing his project.
30. They ask questions and seek answers out of their curiosity.



Example of Summary Writing

Unseen passage for summary writing: The impact of social media on mental health is a growing concern. The social media platforms showcase th...